Friday, January 14, 2011

Excited for Crop Night!

While we were at Michael's last weekend, my husband saw the poster for crop night, and asked, "Why don't you go?"
Hmmm...why not?  It will be a fun way to meet other crafters, learn new techniques, and get some projects done.  So I signed up for the full 6 hours.

Since I'm new to crop nights, I bought a rolling tote (Crop in Style Nanavigator) and a caddy for my tools/adhesives from my local Jo-Ann's.
The hardest part was figuring out what to bring.  I wanted to make a few Valentine cards and complete some scrapbook pages.
Here are photos of the things I packed (as you can tell, I did not fill the whole tote):

Crop in Style Nanavigator and Pink Caddy (I don't know the brand -- from Jo-ann's)
I took adhesives, photos, my Cricut Tool Kit, a few Tsukineko DewDrops, and some punches.

I took my new Martha Stewart Score Board and Envelope Tool (finally decided to get it after watching a lot of tutorials at CardzTV.  Lol.)
Also brought a stack of 8.5 x 11 card stock in different colors, and 3 12x12 paper stacks with basic patterns (all of which are from Hobby Lobby).  I figured, with the patters and the solids, I should pretty much be covered.
Also, a Fiskars punch on the side there.

I took my Cricut paper cutter and the W R Memories Tool Kit for embellishments (mostly brads).
I also took 3 sets of clear stamps:  2 from Inkadinkado and 1 from Hero Arts (they are in the pocket).

And of course, my new book, Scrapbook Page Maps by Becky Fleck.  It's a cool book, it has the sketches, the actual layouts, and the sketches in little cards that you can pull out (even the box to hold the cards was included in the book), so if you want, you can just take the little box with the cards to crops.  Very, very cool.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything.  I was tempted to bring several more paper, but I thought the stacks I took didn't have what I needed, I can always get some more at the store (lol).
Wish me luck!  I'll share what I've made later!

No comments:

Post a Comment