Monday, January 3, 2011

The Start...

My love for paper started when in fourth grade, when my mom bought my sister and me origami books to play with.  The books came with several sheets of paper, and pretty soon we used them all up.  My dad also got me and my sister stamp sets.  I got an alphabet one, and my sister got a cartoon/animals one.  I remember spelling my name and stamping it on any paper I could find.    

As I got older, I bought more of the origami books (with their beautiful colored paper), and this time, I saved all the paper.  To this day, I still have my origami books with all the paper, and my alphabet stamp set, but now the ink pad has dried up. :)
Several years ago, I came across scrapbooking while surfing the Internet.  Then my local bookstore (in the Philippines, where I grew up) started carrying a few scrapbooking supplies.  I discovered craft stores when I moved to the US.  I started buying supplies, a little bit at a time.

So, my thing with papercrafting is a lifetime in the making, and the funny thing is, except for the first origami papers and my first stamp sets, I never used the stuff I bought.  It seemed there was always something going on, I didn't have enough time/space/supplies/photos to scrapbook, et cetera.

A few months ago, I bought a Cricut Expression and a Gypsy, and as an early Christmas present, I got a Cuttlebug, too.  After looking at a few sites on the Internet, I was hooked and determined to make the most out of these new "toys."

And so this year, I made these resolutions:
1.  Start actually enjoying the creative aspect of this hobby. :)
2.  Take more photos to have stuff to scrapbook.  Lol.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment