Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tri-Shutter Birthday Card

My husband's birthday was a few days ago, and I got him a present that I knew he wanted, and made him this card. 
I stumbled upon Mary's blog, Cardz TV, last week, and I loved her tri-shutter card tutorial.    I followed her tutorial, which can be found here.


The finished card was 4 inches x 5 inches in size, which fit a 4.375 inch x 5.75 inch (A2) vellum envelope which I got at Joann's.
The navy blue card base was from DCWV's premium Christmas cardstock stack.
The paper on the front and back was from DCWV's All About Boys stack.
The inside paper (polka dots) was leftover paper from a scrapbook kit that I got years ago.
The orange ribbon is from Michael's.
White cardstock was Georgia-Pacific from Walmart.
Stamps used were from Stampendous.
Ink was Memento's Tuxedo Black.

I didn't use my Cricut Expression for this card at all (surprise!).  I enjoyed making this card, and I loved how it turned out.  My husband liked it, too. :)

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment